The pupils at St Tudy follow the English National Curriculum. To ensure curriculum coverage, our teachers plan out a topic based system each year. To ensure we meet all pupils’ needs we use a variety of resource material but do have some core schemes which support learning. These include:
Read Write Inc. Phonics and the Oxford Reading Tree schemes (KS1)
Online resource materials from Twinkl, TES, Maths Whizz, Bug Club and Hamilton Planning.
We offer a wide range of additional and different opportunities which address the needs of specific aged pupils. In 2017 – 2018 these will include, sports tournaments and competitions, sailing, residential camps, swimming, arts/music festivals, whole school productions and after-school clubs
For more information about the curriculum we are following please see the class pages or contact the school.
At The Saints' Way Church of England Multi Academy Trust we have determined 'British Values' to be:
- The rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect
- Tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
As schools we aim to develop and nurture these by:
- Planning an engaging assembly programme with core ethical values and beliefs at its heart.
- A well-structured curriculum including PSHE, Citizenship and Beliefs and Ethics.
- An effective and well-mannered School Council enabling pupils to actively participate in the democratic process.
- Promoting diversity through collapsed curriculum events.
- A broad and balanced curriculum that addresses many of these core values across a range of subjects.
- Having a clearly communicated and consistently applied Behaviour Policy so that pupils understand what is expected of them and the consequences of both meeting and failing to meet these expectations.
- Adopting restorative approaches, where possible, to resolve any difficulties between member of our school community.
- Having a rigorous commitment to pupil safety ( for example: Child Protection/ Safeguarding procedures, Heath and Safety procedures, Staff code of Conduct and Teacher Standards).